Proud to be a part of the solution.
Cumulus is proud to partner with our customers, employees, and investors in implementing policies that protect our environment, provide for a healthy and socially conscious workforce, and ensure balanced governance throughout Cumulus. Annually, our ESG Committee identifies key performance indicators to focus on for the upcoming year as we strive to operate in the most sustainable and ethical manner possible.
Holding ourselves accountable to our ESG commitments.
Provide clients with innovative technology to eliminate leaks and fugitive emissions. Lower overall energy consumption at Cumulus facilities through reduced electricity usage:
Automating the heating and cooling system throughout our space
Replacing lighting with energy efficient LED panels
Installing energy efficient window coverings to reduce solar heating
- Continuing to operate in a fully digital, paperless workspace
Continue our internal commitment to diversity and inclusion best practices while adopting an external focus on local community involvement:
- Completing over 500 total volunteer hours in our local communities
- Administering diversity and inclusion surveys to employees to ensure we remain highly competitive and proactive
- Celebrating “Pride Month” with events focused on educating employees and communicating our commitment to equality
Support employees’ wellbeing through an enhanced focus on mental health while remaining committed to our founding principle of operating ethically regardless of circumstance:
- Conducting nine internal cultural, diversity, health, and safety checks by year end
- Enhancing our focus on mental health through observance of “Mental Health Awareness Month” and the hosting of an employee “Mental Health Standdown”
Featured Case Study
Million metric tons of fugitive GHG emissions that could be avoided annually by securing bolts correctly, the first time.
Total annual methane emissions due to equipment leaking fugitive gases.
Total annual methane emissions, from leaking equipment, due to improperly bolted connections.
Cumulus technology has the potential to make a considerable environmental impact by eliminating the unnecessary greenhouse gas emissions caused by improper assembly and maintenance of jointed connections.
GEC explored emissions activities reported by the oil and gas sector and innovative technologies the industry is utilizing to limit escaping methane gas. Cumulus’ Smart Torque System™ is featured as a technology that prevents leaks and drastically reduces fugitive emissions.
“Apprehending Fugitive Emissions: Applying Innovative Technologies to Capture Escaping Methane Gas”
EPA’s Natural Gas STAR Program: Service Provider Directory Member
Cumulus has been added to the EPA’s Natural Gas STAR Program directory as a service provider whose technology can facilitate methane emission reduction.
SOC 2® Type 1 & 2 Certified
SOC 2® certifications build trust and transparency through external verification of internal controls. SOC®2 Type 1 compliance is obtained through rigorous auditing of licensed CPAs and information technology and security specialists. SOC®2 Type 2 compliance requires organizations to meet specific criteria when managing customer data to ensure security, availability, processing integrity, confidentiality, and privacy. Cumulus is proud to now hold SOC 2® Type 1 and SOC 2® Type 2 certifications.
Focused on our global impact.
At Cumulus, we are proud to align with the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development as we work alongside governments, civil society and others within the private sector to tackle critical environmental, social and economic issues. As part of our sustainability strategy, we have adopted six goals that best represent our contributions to the SDGs.
Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being
Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
- Occupational health and safety
- Access to quality essential health care services
- Workplace security
- Healthy and engaged workforce
Goal 5: Gender Equality
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
- Diversity and equal opportunity
- Safe and inclusive work environment
- Women in leadership
Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
- Quality, safe, and inclusive employment
- Economic growth and social development in communities where we operate
- Capacity building of skilled workforce
Goal 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
- Research, development, and open innovation
- Infrastructure investments
- Environmental investments
- Technological legacies
Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns.
- Resource efficiency of products and services
- Materials recycling
- Fully-digital, paperless operations both internally and externally
Goal 13: Climate Action
Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts.
- Mitigate emissions in company operations
- Develop and deploy scalable technology solutions that improve energy efficiency
- Significant reduction in GHG emissions for clients: zero leaks to date on startup